Monday 26 May 2014

Personal Training: Lessons in Self-Worth

The relationship between a client and a personal trainer is all-important. It must be trusting, firm and founded on mutual respect.  I had some experience of personal training when I lived in Vancouver, B.C. a couple of years’ back. What was striking was how much further you pushed your body under those circumstances. I was focusing on cardiovascular fitness at the time, with a secondary focus on abdominal conditioning. And I went though pain barriers I didn’t even know existed.



Personalized Routines

What I learnt from all that personal training in Vancouver was how personalized these programs have to be and how important it is to coordinate workouts with healthy-living plans. I was a little taken aback when I got handed an itinerary of foods I was to buy and foods I was to avoid. I realized super quickly that fitness was about lifestyle. More than that, actually. Fitness was about life. Being alive. Living. Living longer. Living better.

Long-Term Benefits

There’s a lot you learn from even a short stint with a trainer. You learn about your body’s thresholds. You learn about your optimum diet. Personal training in Vancouver was one of the best investments I ever made. I’m still feeling the benefits of it today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment